Lost tickets

1.13K views

Lost tickets

On 7/31/23 we traveled from Tokyo to Osaka on the 11:32 train (4 people) by mistake one of the kids threw two tickets in the trash.. We had to pay full price to get out of the train station, remember that the ticket is personal with our passport number.. why Can’t we be issued two new cards?? I spent three hours at Osaka station to look for the ticket… I have no intention of cheating anyone.

Jonathan - Staff member Answered question August 2, 2023

Hi Dalia, I’m affraid it’s JR’s purchase policy.

JR have decided not to re-issue any Japan Rail Passes that’s been lost, stolen or damaged as some people have abused it in the past. By ordering 1 JR Pass and afterwards ask for a new one because the “old one” got lost and travel 2 people with the same pass.

I understand this is not the case for 99.99% of the users who lose their passes, but due to the large amount of passes being sold everyday, JR had to take the issue into their own hands and does no longer allow any users to re-issue new passes.

Personally I’m on your side and hope they change this policy. It was a bigger issue in the past when you had to show it manually and walk through a special gate with personal. But today when you can use it at the automatic gates, they shall be able to block the old and re-issue a new. Hopefully this is something on the agenda for the new future within JR Group.

Sorry I couldn’t be more of help.

I wish you the best and a fastastic trip in Japan, even if this accured during your stay.

With kind regards, Jonathan H.

Getjrpass.com Staff

Jonathan - Staff member Answered question August 2, 2023
You are viewing 1 out of 1 answers, click here to view all answers.
Write your answer.